PMAC-SS Drive Kit
The Electric Motorsport PMAC kit will convert your gas or diesel engine to clean, silent electric propulsion! This kit is designed for inboard or outboard electric marine drive system conversions (specifically sailboats or light boats), but is also suitable for many other applications. Electric drive systems of this power usually cost $4,000 and up, but this *pre-assembled kit makes it affordable at about a third of the cost.
- Variable Throttle for smooth speed control
- Brushless Motor design makes brush maintenance a thing of the past.
- Easy forward and reverse switching with a flip of a switch
- Motor and Controller support Regen which means with an appropriate prop this system can recapture energy to help recharge the battery pack. So under a heavy sail this system can be generating power off the dragging prop*.
- Drive motor can be mounted inboard OR outboard.
- *Pre-assembled and tested releiving you of any guesswork.
- Motenergy Brushless PMAC motor
- Gen4 Controller
- Pot box throttle
- Foreward/Reverse switch
- Ignition key
- Wiring harness
- Voltage: 72 VDC
- Power: 19 Hp peak, 6 Hp cont.
- 90% Efficiency for much longer battery life.
- Commutation is accomplished with an internal Hall Cell assembly, connected to the 6-pin external wire harness.
- Voltage Constant: 70 RPM/VDC.
- Torque Constant: 1.20" lbs/amp.
- Max Motor Current: 300 A/1min.
- Weight: 22 Lbs.
- Dia. 8".
The Gen4-series represent the absolute latest design concept for compact and reliable AC Controllers. They feature the smallest footprint in the industry for their power capability. The high efficiency of these controller makes it possible to integrate them into very tight spaces without sacrificing performance. The design has been optimized for the lowest possible cost while maintaining superior reliability in the most demanding applications.
The Gen4 controllers are designed to control either AC Asynchronous motors or PMAC Synchronous motors. This feature allows users to select optimal motor solutions for any application. Both UVW and encoder AB inputs are provided for maximum flexibility.
Sealed IP66 enclosure
Integrated logic circuit (I/O)
Advanced flux vector control
Autocheck - system diagnostics
Sensorless control (depending on application)
72 - 80 VDC
|Cont. Current (120s)||
Please note: Due to the high RPM of the motor, we recommend using a gear reduction system rather than direct-drive for marine applications. This will improve efficiency, provide proper torque and cooling, and prevent cavitation. Typical reduction is around 3:1, but will depend on the required prop RPM needed to reach hull speed. Proper reduction will enable the motor to spin your prop at the hull speed RPM of your prop when it is spinning at its max RPM. This number can be estimated using the 70 rpm/Volt constant (48 volts * 70 rpm/Volt ~ 3400 rpm max). *Appropriate prop required based on motor rpm and the boats hull speed.
|Stock Status||Custom built: Allow 4 to 6 weeks|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|