For your convienience, our Lithium-ion battery packages come complete with cells, battery management system (BMS), and charger. You have the option to purchase additional accessories with the kit.
GBS is a high-tech manufacturer who specializes in developing and manufacturing of LiFeMnPO4 power battery packs. GBS owns a patented environmentaly friendly solvent binder (which replaces “PVDF”) and creates a unique scalable battery cell design. GBS has developed more than 10 battery products with single cell capacities ranging from 20AH to 400AH. They are the ideal energy sources not only for electric bikes, scooters, hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs), but also for energy storage devices used in solar and wind electricity generation applications and other multi-power systems, as well as military use.
- 10% higher energy density by weight and by volume than Thundersky batteries.
- Superior safety performance due to patented new safety valve and pressure cap designs.
- Safer chemistry minimizes risks of explosion and fire when batteries are shorted or punctured resulting in internal shorts.
- Robust connection due to new electrode terminal design using four rivets or four screws per terminal. This helps prevent loose connections caused by vibration.
- Reduced impedance due to improved electrode terminal design.
- Improved cycle life.
- New cell structure better facilitates BMS integration and battery pack formation, and improves air circulation.
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V (4X 3.2 V)
- Nominal Capacity: 100 Ah
- LiFeMnPO4 chemistry
- Operation Voltage Range: 11.2 to 14.4V
- Weight: 14.5 kg or 31.96 lbs
- Dimension: 140X272X243 mm or 5.51X10.7X9.56 in
- Max Charging Current: 3C
- Max Discharge Current: 3C (continuous) / 10C (pulsed)
- Cycle Life : >1500 (80%DOD)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 65 C or -4 to 149 F
- Self Discharge Rate: <3% monthly
- Accessories included: jumpers, bolts or rivets, washers, split washers and cell covers
Recent development of rechargeable battery technology allowed wider use of electric propulsion in electric vehicles, electric motorcycles, boats etc. Most popular high performance batteries are based on Lithium chemistries. Such batteries require systems to keep them in the specified usage range while being used. The Battery Management System (BMS) is required for batteries that are sensitive to their usage conditions such as current, voltage and temperature. Emus BMS is the product intended for use with LiIon, LiPO, LiFePO4 and other chemistries prismatic battery cells which operating voltages range is from 2V to 5V. Emus BMS is a distributed type of digital BMS with central Control Unit. It does the balancing of the cells by dissipating the excess energy of cells as heat which is often referred to as passive balancing.
- BMS control unit
- BMS cell modules
- Dual range current sensor
Optional Accessories (sold separately)
- Bluetooth Adapter
- Solid State Relay
- Display (tablet or phone with Android OS or Windows Mobile OS)
- Spare BMS cell modules
Elektromotus (EMUS) BMS Features
- Support of various charging algorithms by flexible software upgrades
- Voltage and current control of battery charger via CAN bus
- Supported CAN charger: currently Elcon PFC series, other models implemented by software upgrade
- Observation of every battery cell voltage and temperature
- Control of battery cell equal charge applying shunting current
- Gradual control of shunting current from 0 to maximum
- Possibility to limit shunting current to specified maximum which reduces dissipated heat
- Peak dissipated power per cell: 5W
- Easy battery connection via one wire going between adjacent cells
- Easy expansion of number of controlled cells
- Maximum number of controlled cells: 255
- Single cell voltage range: 2-5V - the best fit for LiIon, LiPo, LiFePO4 chemistries.
|BMS Type||Distributed with central control unit|
|Cell type||Any in 2÷5 V range (LiIon, LiPO, LiFePO4, ...) prismatic cells, other custom shapes cell modules available upon request|
|Battery pack voltage||From 4 to 1300 V|
|Control Unit supply voltage range||7 – 20 V|
|Control Unit consumption||40 mA average|
|Control Unit outputs maximum drive current||0,5 A|
|Control Unit RS232 speed||57600 bits/s 8N1|
|Control Unit CAN speed||up to 1 Mbps|
|Control Unit USB speed||standard Full Speed|
|Control Unit dimensions||95 x 50 x 30 mm|
|Cell Module voltage range||2÷5 V|
|Cell Module consumption||0,5 mA average, 8 mA peaks|
|Cell module shunt resistor||2,7 Ohm 5W|
|Cell Module maximum balancing current||1.5 A|
|Cell Module voltage measurement accuracy||+/- 0,01V|
|Cell Module temperature measurement accuracy||+/- 5ºC|
|Cell Module communication speed||~2,3 ms per cell, allows to receive 45 cells parameters information in approx. 0,1 second|
|Cell Module dimensions||50 x 30 x 17 mm|
Features and Functionality
|Weather protection||Control Unit is hermetically sealed to meet IP55 requirements. Internal electronics protected with conformal silicone coating. Cell Module's electronic parts coated with silicone conformal coating protecting circuits from moisture and dust.|
|Suiteable for different cell sizes||Small size of the cell modules and variable length „+“ terminal wire allows installation on the prismatic cells of different sizes|
|Tool-less installation||Cell modules can be installed without tools (only a bolt wrench is needed for cell terminals) as cell modules have spring-loaded terminals that allow reliable connection of wires by hand. Pre-cut inter-connection wires are supplied in the shipped package for quicker installation. When connected to Control Unit blinking green LEDs on Cell Modules indicate live communication and allow quick identification of problematic cell connection.|
|Configurable||BMS has various parameters that are configurable by using convenient Emus BMS Control Panel PC software over USB connection: pre-charge, pre-heat, timeouts, cell voltages (min and max allowed, early balancing threshold, allowed disbalance, etc), currents (maximum balancing current, charge modes), cell parameter read interval, etc...|
|Configurable balancing current range||Linear zero to max, configurable maximum balancing current – useful to define maximum balancing current and amount of heat dissipated by modules during balancing.|
|Cell voltage measurement||Real-time bar graph on LCD or PC – useful to detect faulty cells and track battery health, or as general visualisation for advanced users.|
|Cell temperature measurement||Real-time value on LCD and bar graph on PC – useful for controlling charger and load in high temperatures, for setting charging mode and contol of battery heater in cold weather (lithium batteries can‘t be charged below freezing point). Many other BMS systems are not suitable for use in cold environment.|
|Early cell balancing||Balancing is done while charging, battery pack is in balance when charged – takes no additional time. Many other BMS systems start the balancing only when at least one cell is fully charged and overall charging time is drastically increased (in terms of hours).|
|Digital one-wire interface between cells||Allows neat and robust installation with lowest count of wires that could break|
|Forward Error Correction algorithm||Increases data ransfer robustness and drastically reduces possibility of faulty data – data is corrected by Control Unit, even if it arrives with errors caused by high EMI levels.|
|USB interface||USB 2.0 compatible, with free, intuitive and easy to use, good quality Emus BMS Control Panel windows application.|
|RS-232 interface||Periodically sending the working status and parameters which can be received by LCD display or other device. Parameters output format specification is available upon request.|
|CAN interface||Used for controlling CAN-capable charger and broadcasting working status and parameters to other devices that could be connected on CAN bus. Broadcasted parameters specification is available upon request. Other peripherals support is possible after firmware upgrade.|
|CAN-equipped charger control||Precise charging process control by setting required charging voltage and current and monitoring actual values. Currently chargers produced by www.hztiecheng.com are supported. Additional charger models can be added by software upgrade.|
|Simple charger control||Ordinary charger may be conveniently used as BMS detects charger's plug connection to AC mains outlet via optional isolated charger sensing solid state relay. Charger switched on and off via same solid state relay.|
|Bluetooth adapter (Optional)||Bluetooth adapter for EMUS BMS (allows Tablet PC and smartphones (runing on Windows Mobile or Android OS) to be used as Display unit for EMUS BMS, range - up to 10 meters)|
You have the ability to choose from multiple charging options. Specifcations will vary.
|Country of Manufacture|