This is the next step in the evolution of our bestselling PMAC kit. It features a compact, sealed, liquid-cooled motor that is an absolute beast for its size, and the most advanced controller in its class- the Sevcon Gen4. Designed to be universally applicable like their air-cooled counterparts, they come fully assembled and bench tested right out of the box- just add batteries. No need to buy expensive programming tools and software, or spending months learning the complexities of Gen4 programming. Save yourself the trouble! This is the one simple plug-and-play solution to achieving the power and features you need at a only a fraction of the normal cost. And don't worry, if the stock system isn't quite right for your application, we have the ability to customize everything from cable length to adding and removing elements, or programming characteristics specific to your application.
A feature that can't be overlooked is the support of regenerative energy recovery (regenerative braking). This means that the system can recapture kinetic energy by essentially turning itself into a generator to help recharge the battery pack while slowing down or braking. This hugely popular technology is often used in road vehicles as it can both increase braking power while simultaneously charing the batteries- just like in the Tesla Roadster, Toyota Prius, and others. It can also be used in sailboating, as a dragging prop with the appropriate gearing can be used to recharge the battery pack. There are many scenarios where this feature can be extremely useful, so be creative!
Here are some of the many applications for which our PMAC kits have already been implemented:
- Inboard or outboard electric marine conversions (specifically sailboats or light boats)
- Vehicle conversions
- Machinery such as pumps and blowers
- Spacecraft (yes you heard correctly)
- ...and the list continues!
Remember, certain applications- including many marine applications, will require a gear reduction system. Electric Motorsport can supply a variety of gear reducers ranging from 2:1 to 10:1.
Please note that, although it is required, we give you the option to purchase these systems with or without a liquid cooling kit. Unless you are certain that you can develop your own, it highly recommend that you purchase our liquid cooling kit to ensure proper functionality.
- Variable throttle for smooth speed control
- Brushless motor design makes brush maintenance a thing of the past.
- Easy forward and reverse switching with a flip of a switch
- Motor and controller support regenerative energy recovery (regernative braking).
- Drive motor can be mounted inboard OR outboard.
- Pre-assembled and tested relieving you of any guesswork.
Included in this System
- Brushless liquid-cooled motor
- Gen4 controller
- Choice of throttle
- Forward/Reverse switch
- Ignition key
- Emergency stop button
- Wiring harness
- Liquid cooling kit with 12V high temperature pump, radiator, reservoir, hoses, and fittings
- DC-DC power supply for pump
- Sevcon ClearView CANopen display
- Inline gear reducer
High 92% motor efficiency
Lighter weight (only 35 lbs.)
Low torque ripple at low speed
NEW Fully enclosed design
NEW Water cooled stators
NEW Sine/cosine speed sensor
NEW Anodized aluminum
NEW Protective phase terminals cover
Designed for long life. No brush maintenance. Continuous current of 180 amps AC (220 Amps DC into the motor control). This is a 3-phase, Y-connected permanent magnet synchronous motor with an axial air gap and sine/cosine speed sensor. It has two stators with a rotor in the center.
- 4 pole motor (8 magnets).
- 92% efficiency
- Phase to Phase winding resistance: 0.013 Ohms
- Voltage: 0 to 120 VDC input to the control
- Torque constant of 0.15 Nm per Amp
- The Inductance Phase to Phase is 0.10 Milli-Henry with a 28 turns per phase.
- Armature Inertia: 45 Kg Cm Squared
- Current: 180 Amps AC continuous (220 Amps DC into the motor control)
- Peak current: 480 Amps AC for 1 minute (660 Amps DC into the motor control)
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Peak Stall Torque: 100 Nm.
- Cooling: Water cooled (50% Glycol)
- Includes temperature sensor
The Gen4-series represent the absolute latest design concept for compact and reliable AC Controllers. They feature the smallest footprint in the industry for their power capability. The high efficiency of these controller makes it possible to integrate them into very tight spaces without sacrificing performance. The design has been optimized for the lowest possible cost while maintaining superior reliability in the most demanding applications.
The Gen4 controllers are designed to control either AC Asynchronous motors or PMAC Synchronous motors. This feature allows users to select optimal motor solutions for any application. Both UVW and encoder AB inputs are provided for maximum flexibility.
Sevcon P/N: 634A85203
Sealed IP66 enclosure
Integrated logic circuit (I/O)
Advanced flux vector control
Autocheck - system diagnostics
Sensorless control (depending on application)
72 or 84 VDC
|Country of Manufacture||United States|