The Gen4 range represents the latest design in compact AC Controllers. These reliable controllers are intended for on-road and off-road electric vehicles and feature the smallest size in the industry for their power capacity.
Thanks to the high efficiency it is possible to integrate these controllers into very tight spaces without sacrificing performance. The design has been optimised for the lowest possible installed cost while maintaining superior reliability in the most demanding applications.
- Advance flux vector control
- Autocheck system diagnostic
- Integrated logic circuit
- Hardware & software failsafe watchdog operation
- Supports both PMAC motor and AC induction motor control
- Integrated fuse holder
- IP66 protection
Multiple Motor Feedback Options
Gen4 provides a number of motor feedback possibilities from a range of hardware inputs and software control, allowing a great deal of flexibility.
- Absolute UVW encoder input
- Absolute Sin/Cos encoder input
- Incremental AB encoder input
Gen4 includes a fully-integrated set of inputs and outputs (I/0) designed to handle a wide range of vehicle requirements. This eliminated the need for additional external I/O modules or vehicle controllers and connectors.
- 8 digital inputs
- 2 analogue inputs (can be configured as digital)
- 3 contactor/solenoid outputs
- 1 encoder supply output - programmable 5V or 10V
- A CANopen bus allows easy interconnection of controllers and devices such as displays and driver controls.
- The CANbus allows the user to wire the vehicle to best suit vehicle layout since inputs and outputs can be connected to any of the controllers on the vehicle and the desired status is passed over the CAN network to the relevant motor controller.
- The Gen4 controller can dynamically change the allowed battery current by exchanging CAN messages with a compatible Battery Management System.
- Configurable as vehicle control master or motor slave.
Sevcon offers a range of configuration tools for the Gen4 controller, with options for Windows based PC or calibrator handset unit. These tools provide a simple yet powerful means of accessing the CANopen bus for diagnostics or parameter adjustment. The handset unit features password protected access levels and a customized logo start-up screen.
72 - 80 VDC
|Country of Manufacture||Poland|